HR Professionals: Anyone currently performing HR actions in your Component’s HR system.
~40 hr Distance Learning
Go to the IPPS-A homepage https://hr.ippsa.army.mil/
Select login on the top right corner of the screen.
Once on the Self-service page, select IPPS-A Hands-on training.
Search under the Program tab and select R3 HR Professional to start modules.
If you aren’t already registered for this course, you can search for it and self-enroll.
To self-enroll, expand the NavBar by clicking the compass icon in the top right corner.
Then, go to Navigator, ELM, Self-service, Learning and Find learning.
On the left side under category, select R3-TRNG INSTRUCTOR.
Then select register next to R3 HR Professional.
Once registered it will show up on Self-service via IPPS-A Hands-on training.
Inform your TRA that you self-enrolled and to add you to their training roster.
Sub-Category (SUBCAT) Training,
- Many HR Professionals will need more than the HR Professional SUBCAT and must determine what SUBCAT training is required within IPPS-A to perform duties.
- Training completion does not automatically grant a user access to each SUBCAT associated with the d/L programs.
- TRAs and Unit Validators must provision users separately with all required SUBCATs.
- IPPS-A SUBCAT Infographics define training requirements, available on the IPPS-A system, R3 IPPS-A Resources page.
Validators: Anyone who grants subcategories/roles access at different organizational levels based on unit operating procedures and policies.
~5 hr Validator Training
1. Log into IPPS-A: https://hr.ippsa.army.mil/.
2. Click “IPPS-A Hands-on Training” tile.
3. Type “Validator” in search bar.
4. Select “R3 T3 S1 B Validator” from menu and choose Enroll/Launch.
Soldiers and Self-Service Users
(Optional ~1 hr video)
Although Soldier self-service training is currently optional, it is highly recommended for Soldiers to review the training. Soldiers can save a trip to the S1 shop and submit personnel requests (such as leave) on their own behalf in IPPS-A. Units have the discretion to make the training mandatory. Efforts are underway with TRADOC to add a self-service block at BCT and AIT to provide new Soldiers an orientation.
- Log into IPPS-A: https://my.ippsa.army.mil/.
- Click “IPPS-A Hands-on Training” tile.
- Type “R3 Self Service Orientation” in search bar.
- Select course from menu and choose Enroll/Launch.
Training via the App
Self-Service user access is granted to everyone; however, mobile access requires a DS Logon.
1. Download the IPPS-A App from Apple or Google Play Stores, for instructions click here.
2. Use your DS logon to access the app.
3. Click on IPPS-A Hands-on Training.
4. Search for the course you want to take and enroll in the course.
As of April 2023, subject to change.